How Robotic Process Automation is changing the way we work

Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is a digital transformation technology that is helping businesses worldwide replicate between 70% and 100% of most administrative functions across front and back office.

It is now possible to configure specialist software (an automated robot) to capture and interpret existing applications for processing a transaction, manipulating data, triggering responses, or communicating with other digital systems. All businesses use employees to process their data while software robots are quicker, better & cheaper.  

As with different teams of people linking together to run a process, such as ingesting and processing an invoice or a contract, you can insert robots to process part of it as well. The reason this is important is when a decision needs to be made that cannot be processed, and a person will step in and do it. The robots do their bit, email to the relevant person when required to add human value, and then pass it back to a bot to continue. The benefit to the business is the potential to remove up to 70% of the labour-intensive work the team does through the use of RPA automation and use the team to manage the remaining 30% which sits outside of the bots remit to process. 

How does RPA Automation work? 

Software robots use our laptops. We can program the RPA automation bots to work in accounts, HR, contact centre, administration and sales. They can do anything we can with a keyboard and mouse. Software robots can be used in all industries and they can use any application. Finance, Retail, Banking, Insurance, Hospitality, Leisure, Health, Security, Logistics and Supply Chain have all benefitted from RPA.

Their use will revolutionise the way we think about and how we work along with what is required to administer our business processes in front and back office. RPA provides dramatic improvements in accuracy and cycle time and increased productivity in transaction processing while it elevates the nature of work by removing people from dull, repetitive tasks. 

It is now the norm for industrial robots to be used in manufacturing. Their use has increased the volumes created through higher production rates and improved quality, RPA “software robots” do the same for the office environment. They use all our databases, emails and going online to work. 

Faster processing of data, minimised errors, standardisation and a scalable 24/7/365 capacity is fast becoming the norm.

The outcome? Do more with less and free staff from repetitive processing. Or reduce your footprint and maintain your ability to process the same work. 

As businesses become used to handing over administrative functions to robots operating models that adopt automation, whether in-house or offshore will cut costs, drive efficiency, and improve quality. 

An inhouse team using JifJaff’s RPA Centre of Excellence Model using our Nine Pillars of RPA Automation will deliver more in the long term and provide the capacity to support, which is paramount to automation scalability.


Learn about our RPA COE Model